Sunday, August 27, 2006
After completing the run over 13 hours ago, i just reached home! Today, i ran my FIRST proper-quarter-marathon. Took part in the 10KM cat with DYS1, Lo and Gabby. Initially we regretted not training for the 21KM one. Because we didnt train, we didnt dare to take part in the half-marathon.
The furthest i've ever gone is 8km. I nvr ran 10km before. So it was quite a challenge. I must say it was a good run. Despite the weaving-in-and-out due to the crowd, and the unpredictable terrain(5 steps on grass, and then on gravel, and then on concrete and then on some tiled-floor and then along the drain blah blah coz there were too many ppl blocking yr way - coz the 6km and 10km runs were along the same route).
All was fine until after the waterpoint at Suntec. I didnt had the energy to continue running as fast as before suddenly. So i slowen my pace, and then turned into the 10km route thingy then it started raining all e way until finishing line!
DRENCHED!
I saw lots of ppl all over, like chengwei, melvin, azri, terence and of course other gsmbians(ambians.. whatever.. amphibians). Expected to see more though. But realised that not all my friends are in army.. AND OH!! I SAW JORGINA LEE MIEW HENG AT THE MRT STATION THIS MORNING. (bless her)
|| nobone ran out @ 8/27/2006 10:38:00 pm ||