<body>








Friday, September 22, 2006



Everyone seems to be counting their remaining days in the Army. While it is still a bit early to countdown, today marks my 17th month in the SAF, and slightly over 15 months in Ayer Rajah. With 7 months to go, I can't wait for my turn... Although 7 months is a relatively short period of time(think about it.. exactly 7 mths ago i was about to go on a hol to thailand with kenny, kelvin and emily), it is because this is the last stretch that it is going to seem rather long.

I've grown accustomed to managing my nsmen that I can't imagine myself studying/waiting to start school. The days past by quickly. I wake up, rush to camp, rush in camp, sleep during lunch, rush after lunch, rush to go home, slack at home, sleep.. and i repeat e same cycle the next day.

We had outprocessing for our NSmen today. Makes it my 4th ICT experience. I enjoy looking at the expression of the nsmen when they outprocess. Somewhat similar to e joy recruits experience on their POP or OCTs on their Comissioning or ORD personnel when they receive their Pink ICs.

I think i came a long way. But i've an even longer way to go. Thanks for the supportive colleagues. Its funny that each time i scold due to anger and frustration at some of their work, nobody seems to retaliate.... or they just cant be bothered.. I dont know. but i know that they are genuinely hardworking(but sometimes slow and blur).. just that maybe need more time. One thing is that i have a greater awareness of everyone's varying capabilities and aptitude.

We are into the last quarter of 2006. Have we reached our goals for the year? A good time to reflect. Though i think that goals shouldnt be made on a year-by-year basis.....

|| nobone ran out @ 9/22/2006 11:04:00 pm ||






::About Me:: i am RIDZA

m y s e l f.

25021986
tall skinny boring (YAWN)
NO LONGER AN NSF
SHPS SHSS TPJC NUS-FASS
 

 


::The Past::
July 2003August 2003September 2003October 2003December 2003January 2004February 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004November 2004December 2004January 2005February 2005March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006May 2006June 2006July 2006August 2006September 2006October 2006November 2006December 2006January 2007February 2007March 2007April 2007May 2007June 2007July 2007August 2007September 2007October 2007November 2007December 2007January 2008February 2008April 2008May 2008June 2008July 2008January 2009