<body>








Wednesday, November 01, 2006



A friend asked me a question.
C: So where do u plan to study after NS?
Me: NUS lor. Arts & Social Science.
C: Then what can u become?
Me: (hesitantly).. err. at most become teacher lor?
C: ahh. then u might as well go NIE straight...

Hmm. I refuse to think that far. I only want to get my paper qualifications and see-how-lah-after-that. I dont think im-not-planning-for-the-future.

Some things are better left unplanned. Coz no matter how desperately you try to make things go your way, some things are not meant to be.

He asked me if I've been studying part-time. I was a little guilty. One year ago, i was planning and setting goals. Wanted to accomplish lots of things. But as i reflect today, i think i'm trying too hard to save money.... That i lose out a lot of things.

One guy wrote in to the papers recently stating that its alright for youths to (over)spend on goods which might be deemed as unnecessary or extravagant by the older folks. Its precisely because they won't spend on such things when they grow old.

Ok. I-swayed-off-tangent(so cliched).
It's hard to convince someone that what i've learnt as an NSF clerk is soo much more than what i can bargain for. Though I'm quite sick of work, I know that the knowledge and skill i've garnered and learnt will be extremely useful in one way or another.
Of course there are always directives/instructions/manuals for beginners to read, understand and acquire the knowledge from; but what is more precious is the people-to-people skills i've developed... the soft skills.. serving your customer.. suggesting ways to solve ppl's(economic/social/political/family/financial blah blah) problems.. thinking on your feet.. thinking out of the box... and doing your boss's(need to put 's or not ah?) work.
All these will be handy and useful.. Esp since i plan to focus on the admin/HR line.

Was extremely pissed this afternoon because of the sheer difficulty we face in planning the MR Ceremony namely because the vendor we engaged to supply food is not a supplier under EPS. So gotta register her blahblahblah....
(we cld have just sticked to Elsie's Kitchen or Stamford Catering where to order we just need to click and drop our selections in the system). BLAH....

|| nobone ran out @ 11/01/2006 07:30:00 pm ||






::About Me:: i am RIDZA

m y s e l f.

25021986
tall skinny boring (YAWN)
NO LONGER AN NSF
SHPS SHSS TPJC NUS-FASS
 

 


::The Past::
July 2003August 2003September 2003October 2003December 2003January 2004February 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004November 2004December 2004January 2005February 2005March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006May 2006June 2006July 2006August 2006September 2006October 2006November 2006December 2006January 2007February 2007March 2007April 2007May 2007June 2007July 2007August 2007September 2007October 2007November 2007December 2007January 2008February 2008April 2008May 2008June 2008July 2008January 2009