Thursday, February 08, 2007
LESSONS LEARNT
- Most Crucial: To be able to motivate YOURSELF!
- Handle problems as challenges and not challenges as problems.
- INCORRECT: I TRY. CORRECT: I WILL DO MY BEST.
Everyone has the qualities to succeed. It's a matter of understanding yourself and coming up with your own unique technique that can HELP you to succeed.
In order to attain your goal, you have to to plan and have a strategy according to your beliefs and self-esteem. This way, if you execute the strategy, you might achieve success. If you fail, change the strategy and try again.
OK THAT WAS WHAT I LEARNT FROM MR ADAM KHOO
However, .... I didn't say but...
Apart from being a professional and entertaining speaker, I was not able to feel that he is really extraordinary. It is fortunate for him that he is able to deliver his content effectively to the audience. We are all familiar with the issues highlighted - COMMON SENSE! It was his ability to communicate and engage with the audience that makes that whole lot of a difference.
Overall, the session was undeniably ENLIGHTENING. However, the whole programme was too generalised. Sometimes, i find myself not convinced with the points and examples raised.
It was a good experience, to be amongst the regs, staff offrs and other appt holders and to learn from them. (although i cldnt stand today's discussion because everyone were supposed to follow some sort of directions but ended up going everywhere but the main topic)
In case you are wondering, I attended a 2 day Total Quality Management(TQM) Camp organised by Unit's Organisational Learning Dept.
And i guess what my dad says is true.. that the civil service has the resources to do this kind of things. That's why they can attain SQC, ISO, I-Class, S-Class, PDS, OHSMS BLAH BLAH BLAH
|| nobone ran out @ 2/08/2007 08:12:00 pm ||