Sunday, July 29, 2007
Alright! After 5 months of Aignerizing(Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul), today was my last day at work! Aigner has been the toughest place to work at. I think the stocks nearly drove me crazy. As I was previously from Coccinelle, I had to learn new things like
- measuring the correct length to be altered(for pants/skirts/sleeves etc)
- the correct way of wearing belts (if u are wearing pants size 32, e most suitable size wld be belt size 34 where there wld be 2 holes on the left and right of the buckle). And cutting belts.
- learning how to punch holes on watchstraps or belts.
- there are so many different sizing charts. like UK vs US vs French vs German vs Japanese vs....
- folding shirts properly(neatly)
- blahblah
But most importantly, I think it has really helped me in improving my communication skills.
Seriously though, I really wonder how i could survive 5 months of look-easy-but-actually-quite-torturing-work. To be able to stand for a stretch of 8 hours. And gosh. Let me repeat. The stocks were just crazy. For bags there are ladies and mens bags. And then there are big vs small or fabric vs leather or calf leather vs elk leather etc etc etc.
For fashion there's ladies fashion and men's fashion. For ladies fashion there's jeans vs pants or silk blouse vs cotton blouse or this tshirt vs that tshirt or this dress vs that dress. BLAHBLAHBLAH. This season vs that season. THIS season's price vs THAT season's price. Oh Gosh.
PLUS
counting stock manually. One by one. Over 2000 over pieces at the end of each day.
There might be ppl who think that the a/m is just insignificant work. But I think I feel blessed to be able to be working at such a place lah.
Also learnt a lot abt brands and fashion.
Unlike the previous times when i left(like end feb than came back in mar then left again came back in apr and then continued in dec and then in july the following year), I dont feel sad because I am quite sure I will go back and work again lah. As I always say, it's not about the money, but more for the passion and the environment.
But I think it feels a bit like my ORD-day, or my last day in sch(pri sch/sec sch/jc).
I didn't know that there's soo many forms to fill up just for the registration this Monday. And oh. QET results are going to be out on Wed i think. Silly me just realised that i spelt ALLEVIATE as ELEVEATE. Oh my goodness. Such a stupid mistake lah.
I haven't been doing anything much these few days, in a bid to save money - or rather, in a bid not to spend money. Still pretty undecided over THAT wallet.
I went to Sentosa with Shaun a couple of days back. Quite surprised with the development. It really looks like a (fake) island's-paradise. Nevertheless, am amazed with its fabricated beauty. Quite sad not to see the landmark ferry terminal and musical fountain,which have been demolished to make way for the IR. Like really old-school memories. But seriously, Sentosa looks like a Disneyland without disney characters. My friends told me it's even better at night.
I haven't been exercising at all. And I am skinnier than ever. I want to be fat.
There's nothing much to blog about. Probably when school starts, I have more things(and gossip) to talk abt.
I think I will miss the Aigner staff. All the nonsense. Esp with Jess ard. And elfi's damn funny too. Like how he described seeing this preg lady's who's erm. milk. oh well. shh.. not very nice to say lah.
And I wanna shop.
Haha yeah
Hew wing bday coming lor
|| nobone ran out @ 7/29/2007 12:10:00 am ||