Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Discovered one or two awkward spots of dead/stuck pixels. Contacted HP support but then they said it is perfectly normal. After reading various websites, I managed to convince myself that it is normal. Also, I think it is quite amazing because they have free online programmes in the form of animated gif files to try to massage the dead/stuck pixel away so that it will die or something like that. I am supposed to leave it on for 1hr or up to 20 hrs depending on which programme I use. However, haven't managed to get rid of it. I think it just occurred. Should be yesterday. But the thing is, it is only visible from some angle.
Bumped into some A04 people who were leaving school. And then the next person I saw as Cheng Wei who was queuing up to buy the course pack for sociology. So without any delay, I handed over some money to him so that he could quickly buy for me(so that I don't have to queue up). But I actually went to school 1/2 hr earlier so that I can obtain the course package.
Still in the 1st week of school. Had 3rd lecture today. Oh well. Think that the lecturers are entertaining in a serious way. Today's lecture was kind of confusing because we were introduced to the various concepts of Sociology… See. I don't really know what went on during the lecture. Just that I really think that he resembles Mr Sahlan.
Met Pwee who was leaving the LT, while I was entering, as well as Kelly on the Internal Shuttle Bus on my way back.
I managed to sign up for one of the societies and discovered that majority of those present are overseas students(scholars). But out of interest sake, I still signed up.
Quite disappointed because I was supposed to receive a phone call from this sarcastic lecturer, but then she didn't call. After going through the department's website, I now realise why she behaves like that. It seems that she had her education in Malaysia(or Malaya.. I don't know how old she is).. So I can assume that she spent the earlier years of her life there. So because of this, I THINK that she thinks that all Malays are lazy and are only interested in doing supposedly simpler area of studies like MALAY STUDIES. Well. She said it to me directly… When I told her that I want to request to do my English for Academic Purpose Module in Sem 1 instead of Sem 2(because YES.. I screwed up my QET), she was like.. "Why? I thought you are going to do Malay Studies…" I mean even if I am going to do Malay Studies, it has nothing to do with you. And then when I explain to her via email(army taught me importance of black & white) that I wanted to do EL1101E in sem 2, and in order for me to qualify to do that module, I need to clear EA1101, she was like.. "Would u pls make up yr mind….. Sem 1 or Sem 2". Lol. I mean no offence to anyone out there, but it seems that there is this grp of ppl who tend to compare the wrong things at the wrong time. I mean.. Seriously.. Why don't you do Sociology or something. Be more constructive. Either way, I wasn't really keen to blog about this but it's because I am actually on the train right now. So I have some free time to VENT OUT MY ANGER because she promised to call me but failed to do so. I mean.. Yeah.. She's busy.. So what? But anyway, I am just trying to appeal lah. Don't really care if I am going to get it this sem or next sem. Still the same. Thing is, I think I am going to enjoy SCHOOL.
I took the internal shuttle bus and then it passed through the new computing building(which I think is the old law) and then business and then passed by the hostels. And I was like.. Hmmm.. This place is big lah. And I was thinking whether I should have had applied to stay in hall. But yeah. Fasting mth is coming. Better to stay at home. About transport.. Thankfully Adeline actually offered to pick me up along Tamp Ave 10 depending on the timetable lah. Otherwise, I guess I will have to get used to it like how I get used to travelling to and fro Ayer Rajah Camp for the past 2 yrs. Yes yes. Train rides has been quite nostalgic esp along the Redhill to Buona Vista stretch.
Oh well. Reaching my station soon. Got to shut down coz Vista takes veryyy long..
|| nobone ran out @ 8/15/2007 10:46:00 pm ||