Monday, September 03, 2007
I think everything has been and will continue to be a rush for me(and everyone). Uni life seems to be so hectic with numerous readings, research and presentations. Plus there's the preparation of tutorials, lectures, submission of assignments(I haven't come to this stage yet) and projects. Guess it boils down to time management. But having to go through this new experience is somewhat exciting and interesting and I have mentioned this many times earlier. I think this is the actual stage where we carve out what we want to do in the future. Ie. What we want to work as. Because we are going to choose what to major in. So I guess at this point, PSLE, O Levels or A levels are not really that important after all when it comes to what career path we are going to take.
When I was in JC, I wanted to do Geog in Uni. When I was in the army, I thought Comm and New Media is a more practical thing to do. When I am doing my 1st Sem, which is right now, I have a deep interest in Sociology. But to think about it again, to be on the safe side, I should do Econs. But after doing Japanese Studies and South Asian studies for about a month, I think it is very interesting. We are really spoilt for choices. However, I think we have to make our decisions objectively. That is, what we find as interesting to study might land us up with non-interesting jobs. Or, what seems boring now is actually the best kind of industry to be in.
|| nobone ran out @ 9/03/2007 09:58:00 pm ||