<body>








Saturday, November 10, 2007



Yes, I shld be studying.. but i've been doing nothing..

I found this post.. I don't know whose blog is it, because as usual, i was hopping around links. Anyway, that person linked me. But.. I don't know even who that person is. But yeah.. reminds me of the old times, especially when we were struggling to rebuild everything. It was tough..

-Monday, May 02, 2005-
I happened to be reading some of my juniors' blogs thru the links i found one and another just now. It really moved me how much hard work they really put in and how determined they are just to redeem the GOLD that we lost the last SYF and they are even aiming for the Honours tis time. It almost made me cry when one of my juniors state in her blog that she wish that the alumni can come down for the next few days to support them thru the last practices before the big day on thurs. And she's a clarinettist.
I still remember vividly the day when our hopes and dreams crumbled on SYF 03' . Tears just trickled down the faces of everyone including the guys. I cried really bad coz I was the SL back then and I felt like such a failure. We just couldnt deal wif the fact we were awarded wif a medal that we dun deserve. Seniors and teachers alike came and consoled all of us. We just wonder which part went wrong. Was it the musicality or was it jus pure luck? I dint even turn up in school the next day coz I was badly affected and was in no mood to talk bout it. All the hard work in perfecting every single note and rhythm jus went down the drain.
But in the amidst, the band grew stronger and bonded more. We grew strength to strength and told ourselves not to give up our dream yet. We built up the band again. We supported one another and I've got to thank my section mates for being there in the darkest times. Our conductor never gave up on us and the day after SYF when we gathered in the band room to talk it over wif Dr Lee, we could almost see tears in his eyes. Some of us started crying again coz the pain was really too hard to take.
Band has no doubt been a key player in my jc life..it taught me leadership, communications skills, music skills and so many valuable experiences that i will never trade for. It instils a good fighting spirit in myself. And I learnt that in life, things dun always turn out as you always wanted it to be but be glad that in the process of achieving that dream, you have learnt things along the way and touched the heart of others.
Esplanade concert 04' was the stepping stone to more glory days of my jc band and I really hope that everything will flow smoothly on Thurs. I feel bad enuf that I cant go down and lend a helping hand wif the clarinet sect coz of my exams. sighs..but the alumni will be there to cheer them on Thurs. Looking back, i really missed my band life terribly, every single aspect of it. I can nvr ask for anything more than the company of the wonderful bandmates who have touched my heart..and it seems that i'm not the only one who misses band life..

|| nobone ran out @ 11/10/2007 07:28:00 pm ||






::About Me:: i am RIDZA

m y s e l f.

25021986
tall skinny boring (YAWN)
NO LONGER AN NSF
SHPS SHSS TPJC NUS-FASS
 

 


::The Past::
July 2003August 2003September 2003October 2003December 2003January 2004February 2004March 2004April 2004May 2004June 2004July 2004August 2004September 2004October 2004November 2004December 2004January 2005February 2005March 2005April 2005May 2005June 2005July 2005August 2005September 2005October 2005November 2005December 2005January 2006February 2006March 2006April 2006May 2006June 2006July 2006August 2006September 2006October 2006November 2006December 2006January 2007February 2007March 2007April 2007May 2007June 2007July 2007August 2007September 2007October 2007November 2007December 2007January 2008February 2008April 2008May 2008June 2008July 2008January 2009