Sunday, June 08, 2008
I can't remember when was the last time I slept properly!
Guess what. I am in Palo Alto (Silicon Valley) right now!! Took the 0600 flight to Narita yesterday(07 June 2008), transit at Narita to travel over the ocean to San Francisco, and finally reached SF this morning (07 June 2008).
It was fun! Had dinner with my parents at Terminal 3, before I finally sent them off at 0230 because I had a meeting with JJ and XC. After the meeting, all of us met at Terminal 1, Row 12. Was quite horrifying because all of us were subject to one-to-one interview before being granted the permission of checking-in our luggage. Was quite scary, and was quite sad that two of the VJ ppl couldn't join us on the flight because they had problems with their passports.
Anyway, the first leg of the journey was quite a horror because it was quite boring. Managed to catch Vantage Point. Damn nice lah. Thankfully, the plane had inflight entertainment system. I was preparing myself for the worst because my dad (who took the same flight before) told me that the airplane he took was old and etc etc, and Ade Koh, who is with some other airline, told me that there's no tv.
But anyway, the second leg of the journey was ridden with air turbulences.. and the flight attendants were rude and hopeless. damn funny though.
We had lunch as soon as we touched down. I settled for some veggie burger with fries and then we took the chartered bus to Palo Alto to check in to the hotel.
Then we took a public bus down to the Town. It's damn nice. The street was full of cafes and restaurants and what's special about the place is that each eatery has a distinct theme, unlike the generic kind of F&B outlets we have in Singapore.
Managed to savour some delightful and sinful cheesecakes from The Cheesecake Factory. 13 of us shared 9 slices of super-thick cheesecakes! Damn nice lah.
We rushed to the Drugs Store (yeah, they dont call it Supermarket) to get some groceries. Their Made-in-USA oreo damn nice lah.
After that we rushed back to the hotel and then the NOC seniors came to pick us up to NUS' office. Had some sharing session and then had dinner.
Ok lazy. Wanna read abt shopping!
|| nobone ran out @ 6/08/2008 02:53:00 pm ||